This #foodiefriday we are making aquafaba meringues. This recipe is so easy and tasty, I can't imagine why you wouldn't give it a try.
Aquafaba (chickpea liquid) from one can of chickpeas (Approx. 1/2 cup)
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/4 Tsp. Cream of Tartar
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Chill a mixing bowl for 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Take your chilled bowl out of the fridge
- Pour aquafaba and cream of tartar into the chilled bowl
- Mix on high with an electric mixer until peaks form
- Continue to mix while slowly adding the sugar, one tbsp. at a time
- Within the next 10 minutes, the aquafaba should be forming stiffer peaks and, will have grown in size
- Add vanilla extract and fully incorporate it into your mixture
- Gently scoop the mixture into a large Ziploc or piping bag. If using a Ziploc, cut a littl
e piece of one corner of the bag to allow the mixture to be squeezed through slowly.
- Pipe the mixture onto your baking sheet, leave one inch between meringues to allow for spreading
- Bake for 90 minutes
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in for another 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool. And enjoy!
These cookies are sensitive to moisture. Make sure you store them in a very dry container.
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo and tag me!